Saturday, September 18, 2010

Slide Film


Well,
I have good news and I have bad news...
The bad news is that I called Calumet and they do not have enough film in stock for everyone (2 rolls of each).
The good news is that PJ's Camera in Glynn Ellyn has plenty of slide film.
BUT, they charge a little more than calumet.

Keep in mind that PJ says they give a 10% student discount and Calumet gives no discount on film or paper, so Its about $1 more per roll after the discount.

SEE the attached fuji film chart for some guidelines of what type of film is best for your particular subject/color reproduction/grain needs. I suggest Provia 400 for its fine grain faster speed and gentle boost in color saturation.
I wrote PJ's price on the attached sheet for each film.


I have you all listed as following:
Katie D - 2 rolls of 400 speed Provia
Jen D - 2 rolls 400 speed Provia
Erin S - 2 rolls 100 speed Provia
Jake A - 2 rolls of 400 speed Provia
Missy - 2 rolls of 400 speed Provia
Doug 3 rolls of 100 speed Provia

THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK OF PROVIA 100

ERIN and DOUG
- Are you a portrait type of person? - I would recommend Astia 100
- Landscapes? - I would try Velvia 100
- Maybe you like a lot of saturation and all sorts of subjects? - try Velvia 100 F


I plan to go to PJ's Sunday morning to get all this. If I don't hear from the 100 speed shooters I will get you the Velvia 100 F instead.

If you want to switch to a different type of film or get it yourself let me know TODAY (saturday).
If I don't hear from you I will get you want what is listed above.
Best,
Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment