Monday, March 14, 2011

Lux






Sooo...I'm not entirely sure what my fascination with these creeper pictures is BUT I'm really digging Loretta Lux right now. I don't know if it's because of how she interprets surrealism with pictures of kids, the crazy color in her work or the way she distorts children's faces, but something about this work is really appealing to me right now.

She has a series of "Works" on her website and she does a lot of manipulation. I'm so fascinated with the color she has in her works, it's usually pastels or real muted color pallets. Maybe that's what appeals to me? I'm also really captivated with the eyes these kids have. They look fake but not. I really hope no one has a kid that looks like that. If anyone can figure out how to turn a regular picture of a kid and make it Lux-ified...I'd really like to see it! Here's her website;

No comments:

Post a Comment